Sunday, May 10, 2009

Where I live...

Okay, so here you have it! My place.
Please don't mind the emptiness I have no furniture than what you see and currently cannot afford them.
So a tour of sorts... Here's the kitchen.

That door is our main entrance. It leads to the backyard. I did take some pictures of that, and will post them. As you can see... ample counter space. It's loads bigger than that last kitchen I had. We don't have any real shelving units or cupboards, but the drawers are pretty big and I assume that's where my dishes will stay. But that's no mind.

The stove is gas, which I find is pretty awesome. I've never had a gas stove before. Apparently the broiler doesn't work too well, but I don't typically broil anything.


Next up. is the living room. I am not going to show you what it looks like at "floor level" because there is, as I have stated, no furniture; only the rat's nest of pillows and blankets that I use to sit on in the corner in front of the TV below the window.

The windows to the sides let in tons of light, so even for a basement apartment I get a fair bit of light. The middle window is kind of cool. It's stained glass- or colored glass to say the least. Adds a little color to the room.

Eventually Jamie and I will take the futon that is currently being used as my bed and make it a couch. It's fairly good as a bed, but a real mattress would be nice. It is kind of a small room. The closet is probably going to be permanently used as a "sports" locker. I figure that Jamie's bikes and our snowboarding equipment can be stored there. As for regular closet space- well, that's probably going to be accomplished through more dressers and a closet that we can buy at Ikea. Who knows.

Currently the walls are barren, but in time there will be more life to the walls. Oh, like the curtains on the door?

I find it's strange to have a door with a window on a bedroom, but I guess that it adds for more light. There is a small window in the bedroom, but I'm not planning on keeping that window opened. It faces the neighbor's house- a passage between the two houses and that might be slightly creepy.



Finally, the bathroom. Nothing very spectacular. Shower only, there's a mirror on the wall you can't see.


So there you go, my apartment!




Voila, the backyard. I have to say, I hate the formatting that this stupid blog site is giving me! This is what it looks like outside. I do have more pictures of flowers, but really it's all just green. There are lots of tulips currently and forget-me-nots. Actually, the forget-me-nots are seemingly all over the place in the neighborhood.



There you have it.

I can't fit anymore pictures on this!

2 comments: