Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Rounded Faces.

So... What have we here? I don't know!
These are some random spheres I came across the other day while strolling through Vancouver. If I am not mistaken, they were outside their Arena for the Canucks. GM Place? I am not sure. The strange thing about the, what I found really creepy were the faces. I don't know how clearly you can see the faces on the metalic plates, but they were so... weird looking. Even upside-down.
See, this picture here you can't even see the face because it's downward facing. So terribly creepy! At least to me. Yet at the same time, they were kind of cool. I appreciated the strangeness of these sphere with their melancholic faces.

Okay, so maybe this guy isn't so melancholic. Still he's scary looking. Like he's upset at me. Why can't Vancouver have cool statues outside their arena like we do back home? You know, the greatest hockey players of all time? Oh, that's right, those players are from Montreal... Suck that Vancouver. Haha. I kid. I will inevitably follow hockey here with as much ferocity as I did back home. This translates to: When my team is doing good, I'll watch the game with people I know. Insofar, I don't know anyone, so no hockey.

So minus the bird splatter, this is right-side up for this face. See? Weird no? I've said that fairly often here. It's just... well they are weird damnit! Haha.

So, this one is short... and again awkwardly formatted with pictures and text. I am just too impatient to organize them all at once. I should get going. I made plans to go try my hand at volleyball tonight in my neighborhood. It could be fun. I could meet people. Also, it could be miserable! I don't remember playing volleyball much after high school!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment