Saturday, May 9, 2009

Little bit of this and that.

I guess these pictures like to load themselves backwards! Definitely not the order I was hoping for but I can't be bothered to re-arrange them now.

These ocean shots are from Canada Place in Vancouver. You can walk down Burrard St and end up on this plaza that overlooks the ocean and the Coast Mountains. I think, though I am not 100% sure, that the greenspaces off to the side are Stanley Park. I'm pretty sure it is. Perhaps when I have a chance, or get to know the place a little better I will go take a look. Need to do some research first. How to get there, what I'll find there... you know, the basic.


This picture of the bus, well, it's a bus. Jamie likes them because unlike Montreal's transit system they are electric. There are cables all over the place which the busses are connected to and that's how they run. It's pretty neat. Haven't been on one yet. I'm trying my hand (or feet) at walking around. Maybe next week if all goes well with the job hunting, I will need to get on a bus.

Now these wonderful pictures below are still from the drive out. The one on the left is some mountains, I don't know which, out side of Golden, where Jamie and I stayed our final night.
It was pretty amazing to drive through the rockies on our way to Golden. I will admit that I was a little tired, and I fell asleep for some of the journey through Kicking Horse Pass, but it was also dark and I hardly saw anything. Only little bits here and there at the end of the drive. It was nice. I will have to do it again.
Just for a little geographical pinpointing, Golden is about three hours west of Calgary. It's a pretty little town on the highway 1. I'd go ahead and say it's a ski town, but it's also an extreme summer sport town. People skydive, whitewater raft, maybe even base jump from the mountain tops. It's pretty cool. Maybe I'll sky dive one day. Oh, and paragliding. That is also a summer sport in the area- also something I'd shit my pants while trying. Not to say I wouldn't try it just because the thought terrifies me. But... you do need a fair amount of $$$$ to do these things. I'll stick to what I know and can afford for now.


Lastly, there is this bicycle. I just thought it was cool. Someone in the café decked it out with faux-fur. Looks like Elmo as a bike. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment